Teasers & Snippets - If You Say Yes #3

Fans of Duly Noted and That Summer  prepare for the final installment into Aurora and Nate and Lucas and Kaitlyn's lives. For previous snippets, check out #1 & #2

If You Say Yes will be coming out in the fall. Date TBA soon. Just waiting on cover design and editing.



No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission of the author and/or publisher.

Copyright ©2017 H.M. Shander All Rights Reserved.


“Aurora, you don’t have to do anything you don’t want.”
“It’s amazing what I can do under pressure.” After shaking her head, she said, “So you’d go travel and I’d be stuck here? What about school? You have a term and a half left.”
“A detail I’d need to work out.”
“What about your mom? She’d be devastated if you left.” She knew she was grasping at straws, but she wanted to lay it all out. Play devil’s advocate.
“Probably, but she’d only ever be a flight away. I wouldn’t be dropping off the face of the earth.”
“I know.”
“I’d be gone February until November. Home for Christmas and a couple of weeks in the summer for sure. And hopefully more often.”
“Great.” She broke free of his hold, and marched into the living room.
“What?”
“My dad used to do that, you know. Gone for three, home for one. Do you know what it did to their relationship? It killed it.”
He sighed as he inched closer to her, but not close enough to touch her. “Like I said, I haven’t said yes yet.”
“But you’re thinking about it.”
“Why wouldn’t I? It’s a fantastic opportunity. I’d be crazy to say no.”
Deflated, she slumped onto the couch. “I know you love racing—a lot—but I didn’t think you loved it that much to do it full time.”
“It’s always been a dream, but never one I thought I could actually achieve. I’m a local kid and this is the NHL calling.” He winked.
The hockey reference helped. It was such a big deal to be drafted from a minor league hockey team as a draft pick for the NHL. A rarity as well. Probably have a better chance at winning the lottery. She studied him as her heart sank into her stomach. This was his winning lottery ticket – and he needed to cash it in.
Nate fell beside her on the couch and gave her knee a tender squeeze. “I love racing so much. The thrill of it. It’s such a rush. But, and there’s always a but, I need to examine all the details.”
“How much time?”
“What do you mean?”
“When do you need to give this guy your answer?”
“He’s back November fourth.”
“I see.”
“I know it’s a lot to take it right now. I’m still reeling from it. We’ll figure it out.”
If you say yes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Orbs

The original ending went like this...

Duly Noted - Chapter 1