Vapour Pucks

Had to try this out. I suck at making bath bombs, but these are for the shower. Perfect for colds, and a nice, hot, steamy shower. I wish I could give credit to the owner but I found my chickenscratched note under a pile of books. 😖


Gather together:
Vapour rub
hot water
baking soda
cornstarch
essential oils
mixing bowl
mini muffin pan

Scoop out 3 tsps vapour rub and add to 1/2 cup hot water. 
Mix these together. I found it took a vigorous beating to get them to mix well.
Add in 1 cup of baking soda. Blend together.
Add in 1/2 cup of cornstarch. Mix well. Will become thick.
Add 2 drops of essential oil. Continue to mix.
Pour into mini muffin pans and let harden overnight.

Now when I made mine, some weird chemistry went on. The mixture actually softened and I could pour it out of the mixing cup into the tins. To me, it resembled slime. But it's been a couple of hours and it's hardening nicely, so maybe it's supposed to do that?


One day later, we popped out the disks/pucks and now have a stash for the shower whenever someone's stuffy. And they work really well.
Put them at the back of the shower, as the splashing will slowly release the vapours. Our first one we put under the shower head and it disintregrated rapidly. Ooops. 😕

Good luck! If you try them out, tell me how they worked for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magical Orbs

The difference between a Critique Partner and a Beta Reader.

Painting T-shirts